The mission of Forest County Teen Court is to benefit youth and the community by providing an alternative method of adjudicating first time juvenile offenses giving youth the opportunity to become accountable for their actions.
To participate in Teen Court, you must:
- Be referred by Intake or the Court
- Be between 10 & 17 years of age
- Committed an ordinance violation or misdemeanor crime such as:
Petty theft or shop-Lifting
Under-age drinking or
Smoking up to age 17
Receiving or concealing
Criminal damage to Property
Possession of marijuana
- Admit to committing the offense
- Follow the Teen Court rules and be accompanied by a parent/guardian
Please download our brochure to learn more about Forest County’s Teen Court program. A teen wishing to participate in Forest County’s Teen Court program, must fill out and return this brochure to Terri Burl, Teen Court Coordinator within 48 hours of the teen’s initial court appearance.